About a month ago DarkFairy nominated me for the Liebster Award, but back then I didn’t really have the time to accept it. Regardless of that: Thank you!
Now let’s have a look as to what I have to do for this:
- Write a Blog post with this award, add the award picture and link to the person who awarded you.
- Answer the 10 questions.
- Think up 10 new questions.
- Nominate 10 Bloggers with less than 200 readers (occasionally it is said below 1000, so you can nominate whomever you like). You are not allowed to nominate your nominator.
- Tell the Bloggers that you nominated them.
This sounds pretty similar to the simple tag-thing Fairy gave me last year and it is also used for getting out the word for unknown Blogs. Still, the name of the award, Liebster, turns this into something different.
Liebster is the German word for beloved partner or darling, in the Blogging sense, to me, it means a Blog you hold dear and greatly enjoy reading. So for me it is an honour to be granted this award and be able to give it to other Blogs I like.
*(as translated from her Blog.)
- Have you been at a festival before? If so, which one?
Those who follow me for some time now know that I have been at several Festivals, including: the Wacken Open Air (5 times), the Metalfest Loreley (twice) and the Wave Gotik Treffen with already some finished reviews and the M’era Luna (twice), Out&Loud and Rockharz where I still have to write them.
- What is your worst trait?
I think my worst trait is my pessimism. My thoughts can get pretty gloomy and dark at times and you can call yourself lucky that I refrain from Blogging when I’m in a digging mood (meaning: I’m already in a dark pit and manage to dig myself even deeper).
- And your best?
I like to believe it is my sense of humour, as I do indeed make people laugh on occasion. If that doesn’t count, maybe my readiness to help others.
- Which book is exactly in the middle of your lowest book shelve?
When I was first nominated I was at home and as there is stuff in front of the book shelf I couldn’t have answered the question. In my flat the lowest shelve doesn’t really contain books, so I move one up and that one is full of Manga.
The ones in the middle are Nurarihyon No Mago’s volume 3 and 4, with more volumes and some of Ao No Excorcist on top of them. But they are currently blocked by several comics I acquired on Free Comic Book Day, some other Manga (Deathnote and Bleach) and a book I won at the Expedition Grimm. My book shelve is too small…
- What is the ring tone of your mobile phone? .oO(I hope not everyone has a standard ring tone..)
For a couple of years now I’m stuck with a snippet from Edguy‘s Speedhoven. When I first heard the song I just knew I wanted it as that, as it has a fast and abrupt start and is therefore quite recognizable. Just so you know: I also have Alestorm‘s Heavy Metal Pirates; Happy People from the Bleach soundtrack and a standard called Rogue as alarm tones and the aptly called “message signal 3” that sounds like someone pulling a few guitar strings, tells me about new messages.
- PC-, console- or better yet boardgames?
As the last consoles I had were N64 and a Gameboy Color and I usually only play short games on the laptop, do I go for boardgames with this one. It’s much more fun to see whom you can blame for losing anyway. 😉
- Which movie was the last you’ve seen in the cinema?
When I got the nomination it was X-Men: Days of Future Past, as I had just re-watched it with Fairy. By now I’ve also seen Wacken 3D, a semi-documentation on the festival that I still have to review.
- I had to occupy myself with so much art, now its your turn: Who is your favourite artist and why?
As I am horrible with names anyway I can’t even think of that many. I just know I prefer art that is more like a picture than a painting, like the way Da Vinci drew. As Whovian do I also have a connection to Van Gogh, but I wouldn’t call him one of my favourites. Well, and as the inspiration for some of his most famous paintings is just a short ride away from were I live/grew up, I have to also name Caspar David Friedrich, but I really don’t have a favourite artist.
- Would you choose your job again or if you don’t have one yet, which did you decide to take? For both: Why?
I have a job/profession I’ve been working in for a couple of years now. I’m not sure if I would make the same decision again to take up this job, I just know I would not partake in a dual-mode course of studying again…
I chose it, because I had similar lessons in grammar school and thought I would have something more substantial with Computer Science and Business Management than by studying English and/or German language and literature studies… Yeah, I know it’s quite a jump from one to the other.
Still, I enjoy programming, creating algorithms and finding out about different techniques and technologies, so my choice wasn’t that bad. 🙂
- What is the answer to Everything? 😉
42 😀 And it’s only a matter of time until I finally start with The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy…
When you receive the award from me you have to answer to the following questions:
- What is the best experience you ever had on a concert/at a festival/convention or an other social gathering?
- What is the strangest decoration you have at home?
- Are you collecting something? If so: What and why?
- What was your favourite plushy when you were a kid and what happened to it?
- If you had the choice: Would you start Blogging again and about the same topics you cover/ed?
- What do you prefer: A handwritten letter, a long e-mail or a short message on the phone/a social network?
- Which of your post/categories you write in is dearest to you?
- Which movie/book/series/etc. would you like to read/watch/etc. again for the first time?
- What is the place you’ve always wanted to travel to, but so far hadn’t had the chance to do so?
- How much time could you spent without using any kind of digital formats/mediums? (Internet, mp3s, e-books, etc.)
The Blogs I am nominating have most likely already managed to get their 200 readers, if not even the 1000th, but I still enjoy reading them and want them to know that – and again I didn’t manage to find 10 Blogs, but I might add them later.
In alphabetical order:
A Blog for book reviews, tips on reading and other interesting essays and posts, like their Summerbook Challenge, that I am participating in.
It’s a really interesting page and I still can’t believe that’s only been online for a couple of months…
#2 Ed Mooney Photography:
You might remember me talking about Ed’s Blog on Halloween or during my Re-Wri-Day‘s. His posts are an incredible mix of history, ruin photography (pay attention to the clouds, they are awesome!) and storytelling that even caused me to buy a book.
Warning: If you are as easily suffering from Fernweh as I am, you might start planning a trip to Ireland after reading some of his Blog…(I am still wavering between using my remaining vacation days to get over there for Halloween or doing something different with them…)
This Blog provides you with reviews on books, movies and series, but also grants you a good overview on what is currently going on in the geek-verse and gives you inspiration on what to tackle next on your list.
#4 Piccadilly 1819:
Stephanie writes really interesting posts about series and movies regarding the portrayal of women in them. We already had quite some interesting discussions on some of her posts and I’m sure there will be more to follow them.
Sherri tries to help her readers to lose the fear of the white page and she does so in an incredible way. I have participated in one of her activities and another one is already drafted. I currently don’t dare to look into more of her posts as it would probably animate me to write about stuff I am not supposed to write about, instead of the stuff I already need to finish…
Well, that’s it for my nominees and questions.
Try having a look at those Blogs, maybe you find something you like as well. 🙂
As for those five: Thanks for many great posts to enjoy, I hope you don’t mind the questions. 🙂