I should write sooo many different things and my fingers are itching to type my latest chapter for my newest addition on Fanfiction.net/Animexx – that I have yet to put on here. Alas, I want to be patient and instead write about this instead.
I’m really flattered for receiving this. It feels like I’m doing something right, if people I don’t know personally are willing to nominate me for such things.🙂
Unlike the Liebster Award this one is not bound by the number of followers or anything. It simply is there to show the Bloggers you nominate that you appreciate what they are doing. Or to put it in the words of the awards’ creator Eve from Edge of Night:
When you say, “Hey! I’ve nominated you for so-and-so award! Congrats!” and give one of these simple little pictures to a fellow blogger, you’ve probably just made that person’s day. You’ve inspired them to keep writing posts. You’ve given their confidence a little boost, and helped to make them feel that they are a part of this community. You’ve made them happy by being generous and showing your appreciation. There’s nothing better than that.
So, let’s see what this award brings with it:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.
In the Beginnings…
I had many thoughts and contemplated for quite some time if I should actually create a Blog for myself. When I learned how to do it I tried my luck with a homepage for different topics, but it just wasn’t what I wanted to do, so I scrapped it and went on. Then in 2007 I found The Forum and enjoyed sharing my thoughts in the discussions there. It was a lot of fun until it closed thanks to the then weird admin. Early 2008 I re-discovered its new version, now run by a different admin, and the discussion began anew. I met new people, even made some good friends – Fairy, Nazgul, Liathano, I’m looking at you😉 – and a lot of interesting acquaintances. Then I started studying and the thoughts of a Blog came back slowly but surely. In 2011 I released my first story on Fanfiction.net, but that wasn’t my first story written by far. I already had some original short stories published in The Forum and I wanted to have a place where I could collect them all. So when I started discussing a project with my then beta reader I decided to create this Blog back in 2012.
And here I am now three years later and non the wiser.😀
Puh…I think I’m not that good at giving advice and usually people look for advice that tells them how to do things to be successful and with not even 200 followers (on WP alone) after three years, I wouldn’t consider myself to be a successful Blogger…
But what I can tell you is this:
- Try not to be bothered by others being better than you. There will always be someone who has more followers, has the better design and the more read posts. Be happy for them instead, they worked hard for it and deserve it.
- Try not to push yourself to write THE successful story. Write what YOU want to write about, not what everyone else deems popular!
- Try not to feel bad if you don’t have a regular schedule. It helps a lot to get a reader base if you regularly post something, but things happen and you can’t always write something in time.
- Most importantly: HAVE FUN! Don’t push yourself to do things you don’t feel like doing and take time off to try something different if you’re stuck. Half-assed posts aren’t fun for everyone involved.
And the Award goes tooo….
Obviously I have to nominate people myself and whoops I can’t count apparently, as I only nominated those that I haven’t nominated before – I think…
Have fun my dears and thanks for being part of the Blogosphere!